Sunday, August 14, 2011

How do I get into the film industry?

I live in Morgantown, West Virginia, not a very big town, and I always wanted to go into the film industry. Mainly directing, but screenwriting, acting, and video editing are other high choices for me. We can't afford to go to an out-of-state college. WVU is the only college that is possible. I read that a lot of big directors didn't go to film school either, and they are huge. How can I get my foot in the door? And if making independent films and submitting them to Sundance is an option, how do I get the money to finance the film? I looked at Reservoir Dogs, an indy film by Quentin Tarantino, and that had a budget of $1 million. How did he get that kind of money, and how can I get that kind of money? Also the main question is: How do I get my foot in the door? Any tips, advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment