Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Really tough choice... what would you choose?

So, in a few weekends there's two events going on that I can't decide on. On one hand, there's this really fun church trip for only seniors that is held on an island in California, so there's going to be beaches, relaxation, a bunch of new people that I want to become friends with, and a TON of fun things to do. Plus I would fly up a day late with a girl that I REALLY want to get to know better, if that makes sense. On the other hand, there's my club swim team banquet on the same weekend. I've been on this swim team for 9 years (most of my life) and I have a lot of close friends on the team. I'm a senior this year so it's my last banquet. Seniors are celebrated, so I would get a scrapbook with photos of all these great memories made by all the juniors and I would be talked about up on stage and whatnot. Which would you choose? I should also tell you that swimming has always caused me to miss things that I wanted to do all my life (because of swim meets mostly), and just recently swimming made me miss an earlier church trip that I also really wanted to go on, and that same girl was also going on. I also feel like missing the banquet wouldn't be THAT big of a deal (it's about the memories I've had with my swim friends after all, not some big banquet, right?) but I also feel like I would be betraying all my close friends on the team, especially because it's my last one and I'm a senior and I'll be leaving for college next year. And I'm not saying that the banquet wouldn't be fun, it would, but this church trip would be more fun, and I REALLY want to go on it. This decision is tearing me apart, what would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment